Monday, April 30, 2012

Blessings


I have been lately a little neglectful of my blog because family and school has become more of a priority for me. However, I’m afraid if I don’t keep up with it I will forget what has happened and fail to show my gratitude for all of my blessings. So, therefore I’m doing a little catch up.

Elder Bednar
It was announced a while ago that Elder David A. Bednar was coming up for our stake conference and since then people were getting really excited about seeing him and him actually teaching us from the pulpit of our own stake center. He held a number of different conferences while he was here including a youth question and answer session and a priesthood training meeting. The adult session was defiantly the best. He talked about how Christ was so selfless and how; through his example we can become more selfless. After the session was over we had the opportunity to shake his hand and talk with him a little bit. He told Jonas that if we ever came to his house Elder Bednar would give him all the ice cream he could eat. The Sunday morning general session was good too but it was way packed and the baby was crying most of the time, so Jacob and spent most of the time taking turns bouncing the baby in the hall way or in an empty corner of the gym while still trying to listen. Defiantly a blessing to have him here.

School Starting
For me this was sort of a challenge; between being a wife a mom and having two church calling there are defiantly times when I thought “What the heck are you thinking?!” But then I realized that I have the best husband in the world who encouraged and made me see that I could really go back to school and do everything else. So I started back at BYU-Idaho as an online student for the Bachelor’s in Marriage and Family studies program. It is still a little stressful sometimes but I am learning a lot and I feel very blessed to be able to do it.

Kansas City Temple Open House
This was defiantly one of the best events in the past few months.  We went a few days earlier than the youth of our ward just so we could see everything we wanted to see. Plus Jacob wanted to talk to some co. about possibly working for them. We stayed in Blue Springs which is right outside Independence. The first night we went to the temple lot which is basically where the first Temple site would have been when the Saints first came to Missouri. We went to the LDS visitors center, and looked around the Community and Christ (former RLDS) Temple, and Church of Christ building that they have on the temple lot. It was all very interesting and we learned a lot. The day after all of the youth from our ward came and we spent the evening hanging out with them. The next morning bright and early, we went to the Temple open house. It’s North West of Liberty. It was beautiful and it made me grateful to witness the age where there are temples all over the US. 
Temple Lot
(Behind him is a Conference Center for
Comunityof Christ or Church of Christ)
1st addition Book of Mormon (LDS Visitors Center)
Community of Christ Temple

Printing Press that helped print the Book of Commandments
(LDS Visitors Center)









Job 
So, Jacob has been working for the past 2-3 months on finding a carrier job. He has been working with some big construction/engineering companies and so far nothing has really turned up. Well about 2 weeks ago he got an email from a co called URS that was basically like a interview in email form. Ans then he got a call from the head of project controls for the Houston TX office. They talked and now Jacob is going to meet him tomorrow! We are hoping that everything goes well and if it does we may be moving to Texas. This is defiantly a prayer almost answered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment