Monday, July 29, 2013

Dear Grandma Lamar

I wanted you write this last letter to you to let you know how wonderful you are. I am very sad to not tell you this in person; hopefully you know how much I love you. You were and are so beautiful and I am very grateful for all of the attributes you have given me (tall and thin). No doubt they helped you catch your man, a hot young soldier fresh back from WW2. Way to go!
You two were great together and you made a good team. You were so incredibly strong when he went off to war again. You worked hard and supported each other through so much. You would argue a lot with each other but we knew how much you loved each other. I wish you could see how much he misses you. You had two awesome kids and you raised them so well. You were a great mom and an even better grandma. I remember you always tried to get into whatever we were into (Harry Potter, KFC, and even super soakers). I remember climbing the tree in the backyard and you would say, “Fred, those girls are going too high.” We would sit outside and you would tell stories about when we were kids, or when our parents were kids. Truth is, we always knew how much you loved us and we loved you too. Thanks for teaching me to be frugal, and to always dress nice, and to value a good piece of furniture! Before you went into heart surgery you saw you second great grandson. I am so glad both of my children got to meet you. I will try my best to make sure they know who you are. You will not be forgotten. We miss you so much!
Love Rebecca


1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be able to answer my question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete