Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Dear Sister


I was writing my sister an e-mail the other day, when I realized how much I miss her. It seems like throughout my whole life Gail has always been the one I turned to, for everything, to get me out of trouble, to get through divorces and breakups. That role has now shifted to my husband, but in the hardest moments of my life it was my big sister that has been there for me no matter what. I remember when I was sitting the bride's room in the  Nauvoo Temple with my mom on July 8, 2010, wanting my sister there with us. I remember having that same feeling when I was in the hospital giving birth to my son, and the Sunday he was blessed. All of these events she missed because of her willingness to serve the Lord as a full-time missionary in Estonia. I could not think of a better place for her to be than for her than to be doing what she does best, which is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She doesn't really say much when she writes her family, but we know she is helping people and doing great things. I hope she realizes how much she is loved by everyone. She is an inspiration to all around her and to me. She is my crazy, beautiful, wonderful sister and friend.
I love you Gail!

No comments:

Post a Comment