Monday, February 6, 2012

Catching Up

Christmas
It was great. I loved just being home with Jacob Jonas and Dad (my boys). We treated our selves to Wii and some games this year, and of course we got dad the same thing that he got us (that happens way more often than it should). Jacob took me to The Grinch the musical, because it is my favorite Christmas story. That was very sweet of him. After church Christmas morning we got to Skype Gail from Estonia which was really cool. She looked really good and it was really good talking to her face to face, well almost. After that we headed to Jeff City to see Dad's family. It was great seeing everyone and my son was the main event. What can I say he is kind of a big deal. My mom was at the Lake so she came to get me and the baby for the rest of the week. However, after one day the baby would not sleep and I got really sick. So, my poor mom brought back on Wednesday. Jacob was happy to have us home, and he did a great job taking care of the baby and me. Talk about having the best husband in the world!!









Gail sent us a package with a gift for everyone. All the boys in the family got these crazy Estonian hats. They are like 5 feet long




New Years
We went to dinner with our Friends from church and then went to play games with them after. It was the longest Dad has ever had Jonas. I was pretty nervous about it, but it turned out okay. New Years day was just like any other Sunday.


Callings
That Sunday Jacob was asked to be the Sunday School teacher for the 14 years old kids in the ward. He is really lucky because its all girls and a few boys that we still don't know are really in his class or not. These girls are the best too. They are onse that just love learning and love being Mormons and they are very smart. I received my calling a few weeks after moving here. I teach the CTR 5 class in Primary. About a month ago I was also called to be an Activity Day leader. I am really excited about that one. It will be tons of fun working with them and I love that age group. What is the really funny part is I am working with my old young womens president from only 3 years ago. I love her so much and she is everything I am not, like organized and realistic in addition to having really good ideas, so I think we will work well together.


Poor Dad
So about a week and a half ago dad broke his Achilles tendon trying to Basketball with some of the younger guys from the ward. He had surgery on it this past Thursday and has been ordered to stay off of it. He hasen't gone to work since it happened and it's driving him crazy not to be doing anything. However, he is learning how to relax and how to get around on crutches. I have never seen him hurt like this before, but I think the Lord is trying to teach him something. Something like "stop pretending like you're 26, you goof ball." Anyway I think it will be good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment