Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines and Gratitude

So, this year it is a little different V Day because I have Jacob home now. When the baby woke up that morning of the 14th I waited just a little while to get ready to start the day. However, my wonderful husband got right up and took the baby down stairs and told me to keep sleeping. Who wouldn't pass that up right? So, I tried to go right back to sleep, but something awoke me. "It's Valentines day!" I would not be out down this time! For every birthday and Christmas and ever other special occasion I have let him have the best of me. Well, I had something over him, Free Time. So I puled out all of the things a had previously purchased for him and laid them all at the foot of the bed. Then went back to sleep. When he came back up stairs to drag me out of bed like our normal Taylor family tradition, to his surprise there was a few little surprises for him at the foot of the bed. But, I was to be outdone yet again. I was so excited for him to see what I got him the I didn't notice that there on the dresser was the most wonderful arrangement of lilies and roses that I had ever seen. Not one but two boxes of chocolates (one from him and one from Jonas, how cute is that right), and a beautiful card with bunch of coupons for all sorts of fun things like back rubs, diaper change, and dinner. Maybe I should just stop trying to outdo him. He is just too good.


 I love my boys!!


I am so greatful for me dear husband. It was two years ago around this time that I decided that I would be with this man for the rest of my life. It seems as though we have grown up so much together since then, and even though we are "swimming through murky waters" at the present time, I have no fears. in our ability to emerge from them a better and stronger family mostly because of Jacob Taylor. He is my best friend and hero. I don't know what I did that made my Father in Heaven give me this wonderful person to share eternity with, but I am greatful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment