Sunday, March 11, 2012

City Museum

So, this past Wednesday I remembered this crazy place my family went as a kid once with all these crazy tunnels. I asked my dad what that place was and he said it was the Saint Louis City Museum. So I told Jacob to let us go there that it was really cool and that he would have a ton of fun. Or course I was right. The crazy part is it is right in the middle of the old part of the city. You could live there your whole life and not know it was there. It used to be an old shoe factory and still has that run down creepy feel to it. 


Here is the City Museum I remember. You crawl through all of these animal mouths and come out a completely different level than when you started. It was really fun and kind of scary when your 6 years old. 



Worlds longest pencil. It really writes and erases. 

The giant pencil is in a skate park on like the fourth floor. I know random.  


One of the tunnels in the very front you could here music coming out of it and so we followed it. This is what we found at the end of it.The music isn't going anymore but I want to know how they got all of that stuff in there. Seriously a pipe organ.




Anyway all was well but after that I was feeling pretty good about having the baby with Jacob so we decided to try the more adverous part of it. The outside park had all sorts of fun thing. A fire truck, a cherry picker, a tree house and even two planes that were really high up. 



So this is all of us trying to get to the top plane.
This is where we are in this one. The top plane.

All in all it was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment